Railway stations and freight terminals are points of access for passenger and freight-train customers. These points of access must keep pace with railway-network development, customer demand, service changes and a variety of other continuously changing requirements. We support our railway clients with a comprehensive range of services – from conversions of railway stops to establish compliance with “barrier-free” requirements to the redesigning of major railway stations.
Our interdisciplinary teams are assembled to account for the demands of the projects at hand. These teams have gained extensive experience over the years when it comes to the drafting of tailor-made and compliance-oriented solutions, for instance, to meet the requirements of the Swiss Disabilities Act (BehiG).
We provide our clients with the following services:
- Analyses of existing systems with an eye to layout and space optimization in response to new operational requirements
- Planning of infrastructure projects – from feasibility studies to system operation
- Pedestrian-flow analyses to visualize and optimize the flow of pedestrians within railway stations and on platforms
- Development of concepts for redesigning railway stations and railway stops to increase customer convenience and facilitate operation
- Development of concepts to improve the interfaces between long-distance networks and local, light-rail networks
- Site analyses and system designs for freight and transshipment terminals
We also support our clients when it comes to general project management and the coordination of the various interests and needs of the providers of special design and engineering services.
Our many years of experience have given us an intimate understanding of the requirements that apply to railway projects. This enables us to develop solutions that meet the exact needs of our clients.
Our clients include public and private railway operators in Switzerland and abroad.