Zurich Insurance Company is planning the redevelopment of its headquarters at Mythenquai in Zurich. EBP was mandated to support and implement the international competition process.
Zurich Insurance Company (Zurich) is planning the redevelopment of its headquarters at Mythenquai in Zurich. In close proximity to the Arboretum park and to Lake Zurich, the site, covering an area of just under 10,000 m2, is to provide office space, additional catering, conference and logistics infrastructure, a fitness centre and exhibition space for the Zurich company. The location poses some extremely tough challenges in terms of planning and integration within the city structure. On the site there are three existing properties that have to be preserved, as well as gardens which are protected as historic parks, and archaeologically significant cultural layers below ground level.
EBP supported Zurich throughout the international competitive selection process and was responsible for the following tasks:
- Finalisation of the competition programme taking into account the requirements for sustainable building
- Preparing and carrying out the preliminary investigations in close collaboration with the users, and the City and Canton of Zurich
- Supporting the international jury and the 15 international teams throughout the process
- Implementing the selection process (in two languages)
- Drafting the competition report (in two languages)