EBP supports the Canton of Zug in the realisation of its new Consumer Protection building in Steinhausen. The work includes managing the architectural design competition and supporting the developer in the areas of further planning and project completion.
The Canton of Zug’s Veterinary Inspection Office and Food Safety Office were merged at the beginning of 2009 into a single Consumer Protection Office (AVS). The office is currently housed at two locations in Zug and Steinhausen. A Cantonal Council Resolution in 2010 included a loan approval to enable the construction of a new building at the existing site in Steinhausen that would bring the Consumer Protection Office under one roof. After organising an architectural design competition, EBP is now supporting the developer in the further planning and project quality management (PQM).
- Organisation and management of an architectural design competition
- Project organisation and procedure planning
- Determination of occupant needs
- Provision of support for the drafting of a project manual and functional specification document
- Management of developer tasks and decision planning
- Participation at project meetings with the planning team and future building occupants
- Management of unresolved issues and project administration
- Cost and scheduling control
- Review of key planning documents submitted by the architectural and engineering services provider on behalf of the developer
- Quality assurance: drafting of status reports upon completion of each phase (PQM)
Picture Credits: Markus Schietsch Architekten GmbH