In order to improve the environmental conditions and sanitary conditions in the south Vietnamese province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau, the sewerage system in Ba Ria is being expanded and a sewage treatment plant constructed. EBP is responsible for the institutional measures and the know-how transfer.
In the south Vietnamese province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau the surface water has been severely polluted and the water quality put at risk. The population has grown enormously in recent years, resulting in an increase in waste water. In order to optimise the environmental and the sanitary conditions, under the instructions of the Vietnamese government and SECO (the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs), the sewerage system in the town of Ba Ria is being expanded and a sewage treatment plant for 100,000 inhabitants constructed. EBP is supporting the project with institutional measures. These include the following services:
- Revision of the feasibility study
- Support with the calls for tender
- Financial planning and management, financing concepts and definition of tariff structure
- Organisational development
- Public awareness-raising through communication campaigns
- Know-how transfer and technical support