Globalization, digitalization, and demographic shifts have led to major changes in the Swiss labor market. Working on behalf of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), Rütter Soceco, now part of EBP, examined the causes and impact of structural changes in the Swiss labor market throughout the last twenty years. We were able to show that industry structures, qualifications, and employee activities have changed significantly, with technological advances being the primary driver of the changes.
- Analysis of employment structures in the Swiss labor market with regard to industry composition, labour qualification, and job profiles in the last 20 years
- Examination of occupational mobility
- Index decomposition analysis to assess the causes and drivers of structural change in the Swiss economy and in individual industries
- Case studies illustrating how enterprises have managed structural change
- Identification of success factors for the effective management of structural change
Julia Brandes, PhD