Illnau-Effretikon as Swiss Energy City is pushing the installation of photovoltaic systems on public buildings, while at the same time ensuring that the systems can be operated profitably over their lifetime. We supported the city of Illnau-Effretikon in finding new ways to use PV systems economically. To realize as many photovoltaic systems on public buildings as possible, we also took into account properties with economically unfavorable conditions.
- Pre-selecting and analyzing the solar production and its direct utilization potential of the urban properties
- Identifying possible clusters with adjacent properties
- Inclusion of current and future thermal systems
- Analyzing cost and operating models with the local energy supplier
- Developing a proposal for action for each property category as well as from a portfolio perspective
Image: Aerial view City of Illnau-Effretikon
Picture Credits: City of Illnau-Effretikon