Economical wastewater disposal and improved water quality in the Kempt catchment area by diverting wastewater to the central WWTP Winterthur. This vision requires long-term planning with all relevant stakeholders and the assessment of the technical feasibility, the economic efficiency of different scenarios as well as the environmental impacts. Summarized for the political decision-makers, the course is thus set for sustainable investments into the wastewater infrastructure.
- Initiation of the project together with all relevant stakeholders (municipalities and authorities)
- Development and evaluation of four scenarios
- Financial assessment of the different scenarios
- Concept study for the long-term development of the wastewater sector in the Kempt valley
- Assessment of environmental impacts including water quality, discharge and temperature, groundwater and aquatic ecology
- Executive summary and presentation to political decision-makers and authorities