Logis Suisse AG and the city of Kriens have joined forces to convert the existing industrial site in the center of Kriens into a sustainable, mixed-use city location with a distinctive character and high quality-of-life factor. The focus of our assignment was to formulate a set of guidelines for the new site, manage the competitive tendering process, support the two stakeholders in all matters of project and process management, and draft the site development plan and the amendments to the zoning plan. From the outset through completion, we deployed public participation measures to ensure public acceptance.
- Drafting of an overview of project conditions and development of criteria to be met by the future site
- Preparation and execution of a two-stage invitation to tender with prequalification
- Advising on and drawing up the site development plan and the necessary amendments to the zoning plan together with the developers and the relevant specialist departments and city agencies
- Provision of support for project and process management
- Conception and execution of public-participation measures (public information events) throughout the entire process
Picture Credits: Project proposal from invitation to tender: submissions from the following architectural firms: GWJ Architektur AG, Güller Güller architecture urbanism / ORT AG für Landschaftsarchitektur