Working on behalf of the public transport operator Baselland Transport AG (BLT), EBP drafted an impact analysis of existing, planned, and potential measures to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
Given its special relevance, we also drafted a propulsion strategy for BLT’s bus fleet. In a detailed analysis, we compared the available propulsion technologies and evaluated the results. We then used our evaluation as a basis for recommendations for a future fleet composition for the period up to and including 2035. We also gave advice on how best to begin implementing the proposed measures.
- Analysis of existing measures aimed at reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Impact analysis of future measures and their reduction potential
- Detailed examination of the available propulsion technology (diesel-hybrid, biogas, battery-electric and hydrogen-fuel-cell systems) with specific information relating to:
- Technical feasibility (fleet modeling) and smart procurement
- Ecological impact (lifecycle analysis)
- Cost effectiveness (investment statement)
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Medium and long-term recommendations for a sustainable fleet strategy
Picture Credits: BLT
Dr. Peter de Haan