The Global Program Water of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC promotes the development of social enterprises in the water sector. We worked together with Sagana GmbH to evaluate the Social Water Entrepreneurship portfolio, which encompasses six projects. We evaluated the project results, impacts at the level of entrepreneurs and water access, and lessons learned for each project, and then derived strategic recommendations for future activities in this sector.
- Drafting of an evaluation concept
- Conducting of interviews with various stakeholders and analysis of project documentation
- Project evaluation and identification of context-specific success factors
- Assessment of lessons learned and drafting of recommendations to shape the future of the program
- Presentation of findings and leading of a discussion with the SDC-internal advisory group
Main Image: Farmer tending to plants at a hydroponic installation Picture Credits: facebook.com/senarajor/
Dr. Andreas Zysset