Having already demonstrated its commitment to sustainability on many fronts, the Swiss municipality of Thalwil now wants to further encourage electromobility. We created spatially detailed forecasts of the development of electromobility and charging demand. We worked together with the municipality to also identify the most suitable locations for the expansion of its publicly accessible charging infrastructure, analyzed various approaches operator models and potential roles for the municipality.
- Provision of a scenario-based forecast on the development of electromobility (e.g., including EBP data on changes in vehicle stock, charging requirements and demand for charging stations)
- Estimation and analysis of the spatial distribution of charging demand per user group
- Identification and prioritization of selected locations for publicly accessible charging infrastructure
- Determination of the technical specifications for each location
- Estimation of the overall costs and drafting an action plan
Image: Cities and municipalities prepare for mobility transition
Picture Credits: pexels.com