What can the Swiss government and the various cantonal governments do to enhance regional investment while working within the framework of the New Regional Policy program? Together with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Rütter Soceco, now part of EBP, and a special EBP team analyzed the existing promotional efforts. Based on comparisons with other infrastructure-development initiatives and stakeholder interviews, we drafted a set of specific proposals for the next multiyear NRP program, which is expected to begin in 2024.
- Systematic analysis of prior and existing efforts to promote investment within the New Regional Policy (NRP) program
- Comparison with other federal instruments used to promote infrastructure development
- Interviews with primary stakeholders, including federal, cantonal, and regional experts, as well as with project initiators and finance partners
- Execution of an online survey of staff at cantonal NRP offices
- Drafting of proposals on behalf of the federal government concerning future efforts to promote regional investment within the NRP program
Dr. Christof Abegg