The service concept 2035 requires capacity-increasing measures in the area of the platform and track facilities at Olten station: In addition to adjustments in the track layout, these measures include platform extensions and an expansion of the public facilities. Within the context of a planning study, we worked out the details of various infrastructure elements, including passenger underpasses and platform accessways. Our work will help to secure smooth passenger flow for the long term.
- Design of all civil and structural engineering works, including track construction, cable civil engineering and drainage, along with the necessary auxiliary construction measures
- Coordination of all participating SBB departments
- Drafting of preliminary plans for the platform extensions for tracks 1 to 3, including construction of the new 16-meters-wide Hardegg passenger underpass
- Development of the partial replacement and upgrade of the Post Tunnel, which is to serve as a new logistics accessway
- Drafting of preliminary plans for the renovation of the Olten shunting yard, including the replacement of the Olten Nord footbridge
- Drafting of preliminary plans for new railway sidings in Dulliken
Picture Credits: © EBP, Salem Blum