The city of Zurich is planning to promote the installation of vertical-greening systems. In connection with this new initiative, we helped Grün Stadt Zürich, an office of the city’s building and waste-management department, to develop a public funding program and ascertain the structural specifications. We also clarified the relevant legal provisions and permission procedures for vertical-greening systems. We compiled our findings in a convenient checklist for interested developers.
- Analysis and compilation of the latest domestic and international findings relating to vertical-greening systems
- Conducting interviews with planners (landscape architects and architects) on their experience with the relevant processes
- Ascertainment of the applicable legal provisions, approval procedures, and additional licensing procedures relating to the use of public property
- Submission of various public-funding and consultation models
- Drafting of a prerequisites checklist for developers
Picture Credits: Vauban District in Freiburg, Germany, EBP 2018