The Rhaetian Railway (RhB) is planning extensive infrastructure modifications to the infrastructure facilities at the rail station in the Swiss municipality of Lanquart. Working as a consultant to RhB, we drafted a shunting concept for the company’s rolling stock, including its passenger, freight and infrastructure. We also elaborated a plan for improving and increasing the efficiency of the company’s materials management and transshipment operations at the Landquart facility.
- Clarification of the requirements the various stakeholders within the RhB for the future railway facility
- Drafting of a comprehensive requirements profile accounting for passenger traffic, freight traffic, materials logistics, infrastructure operation and third parties
- Drafting of a track allocation plan for the various renewal phases, as well as the final state
- Identification of the missing track usage lengths for each phase
- Development of alternative development proposals and selection of the best proposal, including cost estimates and a construction schedule
Picture Credits: © EBP