The Swiss region of Zofingen faces the task of establishing a carbon neutral and 100 percent renewable supply of energy for heating and electricity by the year 2050. To assist the local regional association, we analyzed the current energy supply, ascertained the potential for developing renewable sources, and drafted an appropriate action plan. The jointly developed energy plan aims to improve stakeholder coordination, increase energy efficiency, and better exploit the available renewable sources of energy.
- Analysis of the region’s current systems for supplying heat and electricity
- Assessment of the available sources of renewable energy
- Development of a shared vision, including guidelines and goals
- Strategy development and ascertainment of appropriate measures for implementation
- Organization of workshops for the joint drafting of the regional energy plan
Dr. Michel Müller
Dr. Sabine Perch-Nielsen