The municipality of Riehen plans to create an attractive and family-friendly residential district on a 44-acre undeveloped piece of real estate known as Stettenfeld. Working on behalf of the municipality, we carried out an impact study to assess the impact the planned development would have on the municipality’s population structure, infrastructure needs, and budget. We then submitted our results to the municipality to serve as a basis for making decisions on the further course of the planning process.
- Definition of two site-development scenarios
- Estimation of expected population and job development in the district
- Ascertainment of infrastructure needs and calculation of the investment costs for the municipality
- Modeling of resulting revenue sources in the investment calculation and in the municipality’s current accounts
- Derivation of recommendations for the planning process
Dr. Christof Abegg