What are some of the factors that lead to the organization of grassroots sustainability initiatives in Switzerland? What is their contribution to the transformation of society toward increased sustainability? In a study commissioned by the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN), we examined the development of various initiatives, including the “Summiteer Program” and “Part of the Solution.” The study offers recommendations to the Swiss government and other institutions on how to support such initiatives.
- Development of an evaluation model and an evaluation grid
- Evaluation of three initiatives using the evaluation grid
- In-depth, formative and summary evaluation of the “Summiteer Program” initiative
- Conduct expert interviews on the plausibility and broader implications of the results
- Deriving recommendations on how the government, independent foundations, and the initiatives themselves can enhance the impact of their work
- Drafting of a detailed final report
Image: Learning Together for a Sustainable Tomorrow – How Grassroots Initiatives Promote Sustainability