The organizers of the “Eidgenössisches Schwing- und Älplerfest ESAF” (Swiss Wrestling and Alpine Festival), Switzerland’s biggest sporting event, had set themselves the ambitious and unprecedented goal of holding a carbon-neutral ESAF at the event’s 2019 venue in the city of Zug. Rütter Soceco, now part of EBP, was commissioned by the ESAF organizational committee to conduct a survey of the various stakeholders to establish a basis for a sustainability report. The resulting report offers a comprehensive overview of regional value creation and tourism effects, as well as an analysis of individual stakeholder satisfaction, event travel behavior, and ecological sustainability.
- Ascertainment of regional value creation and tourism effects
- Analysis of satisfaction according to the various target groups (visitors, sponsors/partners, helpers, nearby residents)
- Ascertainment of travel behavior and distances traveled
- Defining of various indicators of ecological sustainability
- Drafting and editing of the sustainability report
Picture Credits: © ESAF 2019 Zug, Andreas Busslinger
Dr. Oliver Hoff