Swiss Traffic Management (Swiss TM)
The Swiss TM application is being implemented for the Swiss National Traffic Management Office in Emmenbrücke for purposes of traffic monitoring and management. EBP is responsible for both the architecture and the development of the application’s GIS components.
The Swiss TM application unifies the various independent traffic management systems and the relevant business processes. It uses data compiled at various traffic counting stations in the federal motorway network to enable the representation of current traffic volumes on an interactive map. It also offers the recording of traffic reports and their distribution to police and radio stations. Moreover, the application can also be used as a planning instrument, enabling one, for instance, to forecast event-related traffic spikes and to take appropriate precautions at an early stage.
EBP is responsible for both the architecture and the development of the application’s GIS components. This work includes the following system features:
- The map part of the application, with GUI components and map services
- The data exchange between the various sub-systems via dedicated tools implemented in Safe Software FME
- Web services used to handle the following tasks:
- Recording, processing and validating geodata
- Searching for data on the basis of geographic criteria (e.g. all objects along a specific road)
- Transforming coordinates between various reference systems (e.g. between WGS1984 and the Swiss reference system CH1903)
- Encapsulating Swisstopo services (e.g. for geocoding)
- Creating print-outs of map views
Dr. Christoph Graf