In a participative process, we joined forces with local policymakers, business leaders, and citizens to develop a multi-modal transportation concept for the Swiss town of Bad Ragaz. The aim of the municipality and the canton was to introduce accepted measures by which to increase the share of non-motorized (pedestrian and bicycle) traffic and public transportation as a means of unburdening the town’s residents, business community, and environment. As a result, quality of life and traffic safety will be increased in the town center and in the surrounding districts.
- Development and moderation of a participative process with four public forums
- Drafting of a detailed analysis of the transportation system
- Drafting of a statement of principles, goals, and strategies
- Derivation and elucidation of measures
- Comparison of alternative proposals for traffic relief in the town center
- Continuous communications support (media work, technical publications, direct-mail campaign, inserts, posters)
- Website operation: www.badragaz.ch/de/badragazmobil/