The increasing demand for rail transport in Switzerland as well as continuing efforts to expand the country’s rail network require around CHF 2 billion per annum for the maintenance and renewal of the rail infrastructure. In light of the fierce competition for resources, we support infrastructure operators when it comes to cost-optimized, transparent and traceable maintenance management.
We offer a wide range of solutions to support the maintenance management of infrastructure operators, ranging from customized concepts and forecasts for individual system, the drafting and tracking of network condition reports, to the development of AI-supported IT tools.
Our services include:
- Determining of system-specific, strategic goals and maintenance and renewal priorities
- Calculation of key indicators such as replacement rates and annual depreciation values
- Definition of suitable methods of condition assessment and evaluation
- Conducting performance reviews for implemented strategy adaptations
- Analyzing existing maintenance management systems and improvement proposals
- Drafting of network condition reports
- Supporting data management
- Periodic updating of network condition reports
- Determining the short-, medium- and long-term funding requirements for maintenance and renewal as well as the condition development of the infrastructure using forecast models
- Examining the need for different maintenance strategies and identify their impact regarding costs, availability and reliability
- Designing and developing customized IT tools, e.g., for assessment and evaluation
- Providing support in restructuring of project portfolio according to adapted priorities, e.g., resulting from revised financial targets or extraordinary events