Fuels and chemical products are a fact of life in today's world. The production, storage and transport of dangerous goods carry risks for people and the environment. As part of the implementation of the Major Accidents Ordinance (MAO), we analyze and assess the risks and plan risk-mitigation measures.
We have many years of extensive experience in major accident prevention, from the development of methodological principles through to their implementation in practice:
- Development of methodological bases for short reports and risk assessments for the production, handling, storage and transport in accordance with the Major Accidents Ordinance
- Implementation of the requirements of good engineering practices and safety technology standards
- Incorporation of major accident prevention into spatial planning
- Network-wide analyses of major accident risks during transportation (road, rail, pipelines)
- Development and evaluation of effective measures and combinations of measures to mitigate risk
- Training and education
Our customers include government authorities and many cantons as well as private companies. We have also analyzed and assessed the risks in handling dangerous goods for many customers abroad.