Modern facades have to fulfil a broad spectrum of roles - from "simple" weather protection to load-bearing facade elements and highly complex, climate-responsive building envelopes. The modern demands for sustainable buildings with low maintenance and operating costs give rise to a plethora of interfaces between the various disciplines involved in a planning phase. Integrated facade engineering must be able to meet these demands.
We provide independent consulting services to developers and architects, and plan complex building envelopes of glass, metal, wood, concrete or combinations of materials. With our in-depth expertise and extensive experience, we strive in our projects for the concrete implementation of sustainable building in all three dimensions (economic, social, environmental). In close cooperation with architects and planners we develop project-oriented solutions for new and existing buildings. We focus on functionality, cost-effectiveness, design, and durability, as well as energy and resource efficiency. We have identified the Building Information Modelling (BIM) planning process as an opportunity to further strengthen such collaborations. Our services include:
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Design engineering and project planning
- Prototype development and testing
- Project-customized quality assurance
- Assessment of existing structures
- Research and development (e.g. in cooperation with universities)
- Second opinion in all project phases
- Heat and sound insulation inspections in the context of approved monitoring by private-sector firms
As an independent agent, we also generate coherent coordination plans for components installed in buildings by various contractors.