BIM-based design competitions represent the first step in a BIM project. Having the result of a design competition available as a BIM model makes the entire procedure far more transparent and enables automated checks of all prerequisites (e.g. conformity with the space allocation plan, consistent path relationships, and compliance with building codes). It also adds efficiency to the process of ascertaining quantities, volumes, and other key data. Thanks to our expertise in the area of design-competition procedures and BIM applications, we are able to help our clients when it comes to formulating the specifications that are to be met to secure efficient competitions for specific projects and project phases. BIM-based calls to tender allow participating teams to continue to directly apply the specifications (e.g. space allocation plan).
- Working with our clients, we formulate the goals that are to be achieved with BIM for a successful design competition.
- We also help our clients to define the space allocation plan for BIM-appropriate orders.
- We use the BIM goals as a basis for deriving the specific requirements that are to be met by the call to tender and the BIM-model submissions.
- We define contract provisions and specifications that need to be met by planning teams so that the BIM goals can be achieved throughout the project.
- We formulate the requirements to ensure maximum benefits for our clients and minimal effort for the participating teams. Doing so allows us to prevent many top firms from deciding not to participate on account of burdensome submission procedures.
- We check all submitted models for conformity with the stated goals and specifications.