It is often necessary to adapt the scope and nature of the offer provided within a public transportation system in response to new capacity demands, network extensions, or budget constraints. We are specialists when it comes to strategic offer design, operational planning or timetabling.
We develop timetables and operational concepts for new or existing networks. Our clients are public authorities, regional authorities, railway companies or infrastructure operators. Our concepts are always tailored made and match the targeted service quality and the future demand taking into account operational conditions.
We optimize existing concepts with regard to the smart deployment of financial resources, staff scheduling and rolling stock utilization. We compare the operational and economic advantages and disadvantages of various scenarios with different line interconnections, considering the possibilities of portion working, destination exchange and demand based timetabling.
Our services include:
Estimation of passenger demand
- Analysis of demand based on individual or multimodal transportation models
- Determining the accessibility using self-developed GIS tools
Transport system selection
- Identification of suitable (railway) systems based on demand, vehicle size, distance between stops, network factors and costs
Timetabling and assessment of scheduling policies
- Development of suitable solutions an appropriate timetable
- Put scheduling policies to the test using the operational simulation software OpenTrack
Improve the use of resources
- Ascertainment of optimal resource, employee and rolling stock allocation
- Determining the optimal infrastructure based on the requirements
- Weighing up operational and economic advantages and disadvantages