Much of the drinking and irrigation water extracted worldwide comes from groundwater. In Switzerland, 80 percent of the demand for drinking and industrial water is met by groundwater and well water. Human activities and climate change are exerting increasing pressure on groundwater supplies, both in quantitative and qualitative terms.
As company with an interdisciplinary structure, we are able to make pragmatic and considered assessments of the conflicting interests which arise in terms of the protection and exploitation of groundwater when it comes to land use planning or the construction of infrastructure facilities. We develop appropriate strategies along with usage and conservation concepts to safeguard groundwater resources for the long term.
We support our customers in the following areas:
- Groundwater investigation
- Planning and construction of groundwater wells
- Groundwater conservation concepts
- Assessment of structures in groundwater
- Groundwater monitoring
- Groundwater remediation
- Groundwater modelling
- Dealing with drought
- Water management in catchment areas
- Groundwater protection planning
- Assessment of water quality and contamination risks