During the day one-fifth of the Swiss population and at night, one-sixth, is exposed to harmful or irritating road traffic noise. Other types of noise such as from trains, planes and shooting ranges, industrial or commercial noise or noise from everyday life may have an impact on health and are often perceived as disturbing.
We check whether the specific legal requirements are fulfilled and provide solutions for effective noise control.
We have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Noise calculations and assessments, prediction and presentation with the Cadna/A software
- Noise impact assessments for new stationary noise sources and noise certificates for noise exposed buildings
- Noise control measures: Dimensioning and design of noise control measures
- Noise remediation regarding the noise exposure and review of measures as well assessment of the economic acceptability and appropriateness of noise abatement measures
- Noise control consulting in invited architectural competitions, definition of guidelines for participants, preliminary testing, assessment of noise immission, support for adjudication
- Noise exposure registers: Determination of noise exposure and development of Geographic Information System-based (GIS) registers for different types of noise
- Studies and concepts incorporating economic, legal and (psycho-)social factors