A mountain community in the Swiss canton of Graubünden is home to numerous crystal hunters who use explosives to search for them. We assisted municipal officials with the conversion and approval of a new underground site for its explosives storage facility.
- Drafting a risk analysis in accordance with the Swiss Explosive Substances Ordinance (SprstV) and the Technical Guidelines for the Storage of Munitions (TLM)
- Preparing an incident analysis and determining the explosion scenario
- Drafting an impact analysis, including dispersion calculation
- Assessing the exposed individuals, including an estimate of the extent of damage in case of an incident
- Evaluating the resulting risk and presenting recommended measures
Image: Ensuring safety in an idyllic mountain setting: We accompanied the approval of a new explosives storage facility