We developed the "Action plan for the implementation of measures addressing natural hazards" for the municipality of Männedorf. This included restoring the continuity of the village creek, with incrementally removing a dam while monitoring the effects. We assisted the municipality with hydraulic engineering and design measures to create a long-term stable and near-natural stretch of water.
- Assessing sediment transport to the Lake of Zurich
- Defining the desired development
- Determining and dimensioning immediate measures to combat neophytes, remove man-made materials and restore passage for sediment and aquatic life
- Conducting interim checks on the streambed development and sediment transport
- Supporting structural and organizational measures for sustainable, low-maintenance solutions
Image: The upgraded Dorfbach in Männedorf
Picture Credits: © EBP