A new rail freight terminal for combined transportation is being built between Rotterdam in the Netherlands and Germany's Ruhr area. New operating concepts are planned for this, which pose a number of engineering challenges relating to security systems and the interfaces between the terminal operator and the infrastructure operator. With in-depth specialist knowledge, Europe-wide studies of comparable projects and with inputs of the industry partners and other stakeholders we are introducing the concept to the Netherlands.
- Contributing our expertise in railway technology (ETCS, operational procedures, interoperability)
- Creating solution proposals based on international examples
- Comprehensively communicating complex railway topics
- Reviewing input from local engineering firms, industry partners and infrastructure operators
- Organizing visits to terminals throughout Europe
Nicolaas de Vries