The Municipal Energy Efficiency and Management Project (MEEMP) introduced the European Energy Award to support the Serbian municipalities of Krusevac, Uzice, Paracin and Vrbas in improving their energy efficiency. As part of the project, 14 public schools and kindergartens were rehabilitated to save energy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and increase comfort. In addition, the targeted knowledge transfer helped the municipalities to plan, implement and monitor a sustainable energy management.
- Advising the municipalities on the selection of energy efficiency measures
- Monitoring and quality assurance of the designs
- International procurement for the rehabilitation works according to SECO standards
- Implementation consulting including contract management
- Coordination with SECO, local partners, ministries and the Municipalities of Paraćin, Kruševac, Užice, and Vrbas
Dr. Michel Müller