Under great time pressure, the city of Wetzikon is working on transforming the city's heat supply using the waste incineration plant in the nearby town of Hinwil as a heat source. To expedite the plan, the town commissioned us to work out the various options for completing the transformation and to coordinate all the various sub-projects of the transformation. The sub-projects included drafting an energy plan, completing a district heating feasibility study, detailing regional responsibilities, and a target network planning for gas.
- Detailed clarification of the legal framework at the cantonal level
- Coordinating the proposals for target network planning for gas with the specifications of the energy plan
- Identification and evaluation of interim solutions in anticipation of the district heating
- Determining rough-and-ready options for the city's initial link-up with the new district-heating system, especially in light of various road construction projects
- Elaborating and evaluating options for local coverage of peak loads in the district heating network
Dr. Sabine Perch-Nielsen