What would be the best way to restructure the Military Affairs and Civil Protection Agency to ensure it capacity to effectively and efficiently fulfill its core mission well into the future? EBP has examined the agency’s current structure and issued a proposal for restructuring.
After the authors of a recent study concluded that consideration should be given to closing the Military Affairs and Civil Protection Agency (HAMZ) in the Canton of Glarus, the canton’s Department of Safety and Justice (DSJ) commissioned EBP to carry out an in-depth examination of the HAMZ’s organizational structure. The scope of our assignment included the following tasks:
- Analyze the agency’s current state (mission, processes, organizational structure).
- Compare the agency’s organizational structure to that of comparable agencies in other cantons.
- Devise a set of strategic goals in close consultation with the cantonal government that could serve as a guideline for the HAMZ.
- Develop and evaluate various organizational models for the future.
- Select the most promising of the models and develop it in greater detail.
- Submit recommendations for the implementation of the selected model.
EBP has submitted the results of its work to the DSJ in the form of a final report.