In the framework of the federal research program “Healthy Nutrition and Sustainable Food Production”, Rütter Soceco, now part of EBP, acted as a research consortium member in two projects. The first project used a model to assess the environmental impact of the Swiss food system. In the second project we used this model in combination with others to determine the impact that various food-industry-development scenarios would have on overall sustainability by the year 2050 as measured by global sustainability indicators.
- Development of an environmentally-extended input-output model with detailed data on the Swiss food system and approx. 100 environmental indicators
- Application of the model to analyze the Swiss food system’s environmental impact
- Expansion of the input-output model to include social indicators
- Drafting of various scenarios of the Swiss food system’s development to 2050
- Evaluation of the impacts measured with global sustainability indicators
Dr. Carsten Nathani