How safe are the public spaces in the Swiss town of Sursee? We worked together with various experts, town officials and concerned residents in a participative process to analyze the safety of the public spaces in the town as a whole and in the historic old town in particular. After compiling our findings in a comprehensive assessment, we developed suitable measures for improving the safety of the town’s public spaces, both in a subjective and objective sense.
- Site inspections of security-relevant hotspots in Sursee
- Holding of two workshops featuring the use of crime mapping tools
- General assessment of the town’s safety using criteria of crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED)
- Structured presentation of suitable measures
- Drafting of a brief report on the potential use of video surveillance in the historic old town
- Various meetings with the municipal council
Dr. Tillmann Schulze