As the owners of an important development site on the Rigistrasse in Inwil bei Baar, the Swiss retirement funds V-ZUG and BVK commissioned a study of the site’s existing apartment blocks. The results of the study indicated that a comprehensive renovation of the buildings would be too costly and that it would be far more expedient to demolish and replace the buildings in phases. We supported the cooperative planning process with the municipality, gathered the necessary information, and carried out the planning procedure to assess the site’s development potential.
- Project management and organization: consulting with and advising the stakeholders in matters of scheduling, cost, and quality
- Preliminary phase: site analysis to ascertain the substantive and planning-related issues
- Discovery and strategy phase: drafting of guidelines for site development together with municipal representatives
- Design competition and development project: organization and management
- Development planning: comprehensive support
- Public relations: provision of support to the public-relations company when it came to public participation
Main Image: Visualization study contract, Studio Märkli