To protect the city of Zurich from flooding, the canton of Zurich is planning to construct a spillway tunnel from the Sihl River to Lake Zurich. Given that the spillway will have a significant impact on the environment, its construction will require compensatory measures. Among these measures, the city is planning to eliminate a footpath along the eastern shore of the Sihl and to erect a new pedestrian bridge as a replacement.
The technical, design, and ecological specifications are expected to elicit a wide range of solutions. EBP will help the developer to manage the project competition within the framework of a two-stage, selective procedure.
- Preparation of the technical prerequisites and plans, including photographic material
- Definition of the project framework
- Coordination of jury selection
- Drafting of the competition program and establishment of the eligibility and award criteria
- Liaison services for the competitors
- Formal and technical assessment of submissions, including their adherence to building-code and operation requirements
- Establishment and coordination of jury procedures and meetings
- Drafting of the jury report
- Arrangement of an exhibition for distinguished submissions
Picture Credits: © EBP, Claudio Fornito