Engineers have determined that the Rhine River bridge in the Swiss municipality of Flaach needs to be replaced on account of age-related wear. Spanning the Rhine River between Flaach in the canton of Zurich and Rüdlingen in the canton of Schaffhausen, the existing bridge enables passage for motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists.
The technical, design, ecological, and financial-allocation specifications for the replacement bridge are expected to elicit various routing and structural concepts from the participating engineering firms. Working on behalf of the developer, EBP oversaw the organization of the project competition within the framework of a two-stage, selective procedure.
- Preparation of the technical prerequisites and plans, including photographic material
- Definition of the project framework
- Coordination of jury selection
- Drafting of the competition program and establishment of the eligibility and award criteria
- Liaison services for the competitors
- Formal and technical assessment of submissions, including their adherence to building-code and operation requirements
- Establishment and coordination of jury procedures and meetings
- Drafting of the jury report
- Arrangement of an exhibition for distinguished submissions
Picture Credits: © EBP, Claudio Fornito